Chutney is one of daily cooking recipe in South India. Coconut chutney is one of the easiest among all.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish for Idly, Dosa, Uthapam, Kichadi, Paniyaram, Upma.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD :2-3 serving
- Coconut – 1/2 Cup (grated)
- Green chilli – 2 or 3
- Roasted gram – 1/3 Cup
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Salt – As required
- Water – To grind
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Grate or shred coconut. If you are using frozen coconut bring it to room temperature.
- Take a blender/mixie and add all ingredients given to grind.
- Grind it. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat a small pan on low flame. Add oil, when it is hot add mustard seeds and urad dal. When it is golden brown switch off the flame and add Hing and curry leaves.
- Pour this on the top the chutney and give a gentle stir.
- As water as per your need. Don’t make it too runny consistency.
- Be careful when adding curry leaves. It will splutter.
- If you like, you can add some coriander leaves while grinding. It gives a different taste.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/