ONION TOMATO CHUTNEY
Chutney is like everyday recipe in South Indian cooking. Onion tomato chutney is very common among those. It is good with idly, dosa, rava dosa and many breakfast items. You can adjust the quantity of ingredients according to your preference.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish for Idly, dosa, rava dosa.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUSINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD :2-3 serving
For Saute and Grinding:
- Channa Dal – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Onion(medium) – 2
- Tomato(medium) – 2
- Green chilli – 3 or 4 (vary with spice level)
- Salt – as required
- Coconut – 4 Tbsp
- Water – for grinding
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Roughly cut onion, tomato and green chilli.
- Grate or shred coconut. If your using frozen coconut, bring it to room temperature.
- Place a pan on medium flame. When it is hot add oil.
- Add channa dal and saute it till it become golden brown in color.
- Add onion, green chilli and salt. Saute till onion become translucent.
- Add tomato and saute till the ends become soft.
- Add coconut. Saute for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Cool down completely.
- Grind it with required water. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Place a tempering pan on medium flame. Add oil.
- When it is hot add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When urad dal turns golden brown colour switch off the flame and add curry leaves.
- Pour this on the top of the chutney.
- Adding channa dal will give a grainy texture and taste to the chutney.
- Do not make it as a very fine paste.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/