Kurma is a common south Indian recipe. Main ingredient used here is coconut paste. This mixed vegetable kurma is one of the colourful and tasty vegetarian recipe. It is simple and delicious.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish for chapati, poori, paratha and pulao varieties.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD :2-3 serving
- Onion(medium) – 2
- Green chilli – 4-6 (vary with spice level)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Mixed vegetables(carrot, beans, potato, cauliflower, green peas) – 2 Cups
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Water – as required
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves(opt) – for garnishing
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 Inch
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaf – 1
For Coconut Paste :
- Grated coconut – 1/4 Cup
- Poppy seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 4
- Finely chop the onions.
- Slit green chilli.
- Wash and Cut all the vegetables in medium size.
- Grind coconut paste with given ingredients.
- Place a pressure cooker on medium heat. Add oil and ghee.
- When it is hot add tempering ingredients and saute.
- Add onions and green chillies and saute till onion becomes transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until there is no raw smell.
- Add vegetables, turmeric and salt and saute for 3 min.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add required water and pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- When the pressure is released, open the cooker. Again place it on medium flame.
- Add garam masala, coconut paste and mix well.
- Adjust consistency. Add water if required.
- Simmer for 3-5 min. Turn off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves(opt).
- You can reduce the amount of green chilli and add red chilli powder.
- You can cook using kadai or pan. But it takes time.
- If you like you can add 1 tomato. Adding tomato will change the colour and taste of the kurma.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :