Raw mango dishes are always special for Tanginess. Whenever I hear about raw mango I feel like mouth-watering. Most of the pregnant ladies love raw mango recipes. Manga rice is easy and tasty lunch box recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with papadam.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main dish YIELD : 2-3 servings
- Cooked rice – 1.5 cups
- Raw mango – 1
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1 Tsp
- Channa dal – 1 Tsp
- Groundnut/peanut – 2 Tbsp
- Cashew nut(opt) – 4
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Red chili – 5
- Turmeric(opt) – small pinch
- Grate raw mango.
- place a pan on medium flame. Add oil.
- When it is hot add mustard seeds. When it splutters add urad dal, chain dal and peanuts.
- Saute till it starts to golden brown color. Add red chili, curry leaves, cashew nut, Turmeric. Sauté once.
- Add grated raw mango.Saute for 3 min. Switch off the stove.
- Add cooked rice and salt. Mix well
- You can use left over rice.
- Don’t add hot rice. It may become mash while mixing.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/