Mutton/Goat fry is tasty and easy recipe made with regular kitchen spices. I prefer cooking non-vegetarian dishes when i invite friends for lunch or dinner. Mutton fry is one of my favourite dish.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish with chapathi.
- Side dish for rice with sambar.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD :2-3 serving
For Cooking Mutton/Goat :
- Goat/Mutton – 1 lb
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 Tsp
- Water – As required
- Salt – As required
For Frying :
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Bay leaf – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Onion(large) – 1
- Turmeric -1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilli powder -1 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing
- Cut the mutton into medium size pieces and wash completely.
- Drain the water completely and add 1 tsp turmeric. Mix it and let it sit for some time.
- Finely chop the onion and coriander leaves.
- In a pressure cooker add mutton pieces, ginger garlic paste, Turmeric, salt and some water.(add only enough water to cook mutton)
- Allow 4 whistles.(Sometimes more whistles may required)
- Place a pan on medium flame. Add oil.
- When it is hot add fennel seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf and curry leaves.
- Add Finely chopped onions and saute till becomes light brown in colour.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add cooked mutton. Add pepper powder.
- Saute till oil separates. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Use heavy bottom pan or non-stick cookware.
- Check whether mutton is cooked well. Otherwise cook for some more whistles.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/