Mutton Varuval | Goat Fry | South Indian Style | Step by step procedure with pictures
South Indian style Mutton fry (Goat Varuval) is an easy and quick mutton recipe. Less spiced and single pot recipe. I have already shared many mutton recipes, don’t forget to check the link below.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with chapati.
- Serve for rice with sambar.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Course YIELD : 2 serving
- Goat/Mutton – 1 lb
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Onion(large) – 1
- Curry leaves – few
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – As required
- Turmeric -1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilli powder -1.5 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Water – As required
- Pepper powder – as needed
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing
Whole Spices :
- Fennel Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Cut the mutton into medium size pieces and wash thoroughly.
- Finely chop onion and coriander leaves.
- Heat a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add whole spices ( cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and fennel seeds)
- Saute for few seconds and add chopped onion and curry leaf. Saute for 2-3 min.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it until no raw smell.
- Add mutton pieces, salt and spice powders ( turmeric, red chilli , coriander and cumin powders)
- Combine everything and saute for 5 min.
- Add required water to cook mutton. ( Do not add more water)
- Pressure cook it for 4 whistles or until mutton gets cooked.
- Open the cooker and turn on the heat.
- Cook until you get desired consistency (Completely dry or semi-dry).
- Add pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Combine once and turn off the heat.
- After 4 whistles check the mutton. Cook for more whistles if needed.
- Adjust spice level according to your taste.
- Use medium sized mutton pieces.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by step procedure with pictures :