MUSHROOM PEPPER FRY
Mushroom fry is a slow cooking delicious recipe. Mushroom with pepper is so aromatic and yummy. Adding capsicum gives additional color and flavor to this dish. Here i have used portobello mushroom. You can use any kind of mushroom for this recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish for chapathi.
- Side dish for rice with sambar,rasam or curd.
- Serve as a starter/appetizer.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Dish YIELD :2-3 serving
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Capsicum(any colour) – 3/4
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- R.chilli powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – As required
- Garam Masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Mushroom -1.5 cup
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing
- Wash and cut the mushroom into thick cubes.
- Long slice onion and capsicum.
- Finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Place a pan on medium heat. Add oil.
- When it is hot add curry leaves, sliced onions.
- Fry until it becomes golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add sliced capsicum. Simmer the stove. Saute for a minute.
- Add Mushroom pieces. Add Turmeric, R.chilli powder and Pepper.
- Mushroom will release some water.
- Saute often until the mushroom gets cooked. Add salt and garam masala.
- Mix well. Saute for a min and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Use Non-stick or heavy bottom pan.
- Cut mushrooms as you prefer.
- Do not add water. The water from mushroom is enough for cooking.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure: