COCONUT MILK PULAO
Adding Coconut milk to any dish gives a special aroma to the recipe. Whenever you like to cook something rich and aromatic, try this recipe. This pulao is very mild and yummy. Serve with some spicy side dish.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve hot with Rajma Curry, Mixed Vegetable Curry, Spicy potato curry, Channa Masala or any spicy Curry/Gravy.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main Dish YIELD :2-3 serving
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Green Chilli – 3
- Salt – as required
- Rice – 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cut onions into long slices, slit green chillies.
- Wash and soak rice for 20 min in water.
- Prepare fresh coconut milk or use store bought coconut milk.
- Place a Pressure cooker on medium flame. When it is hot add Ghee and Oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf and saute till it starts giving aroma.
- Add onion and green chillies. Fry till onion starts to change colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato and fry till the ends become soft. (This step is optional)
- Add Rice, Coconut Milk and water.
- When it starts boiling, mix everything well.
- Close the lid. Allow 2 whistles.
- When the pressure is released, open and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- I am using oil and ghee. you can alter this with only ghee or only oil as you prefer.
- Adding tomato gives a little tangy taste but changes the colour of pulao.
- Try to take coconut milk from fresh coconut. It gives good taste to the pulao.
- You can add cashew nuts.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/