Chapati is an Indian flat bread made with wheat flour.Chapati is like daily recipe for North Indians. There are N number of chapati varieties. Potato chapati is simple and tasty recipe. Kids will love it.
You can prepare it for breakfast/dinner or as a snack for evening time. The preparation is slightly vary from Aloo paratha recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve simply with Curd/Yogurt.
- Serve with Pickle, any raita, Tomato Thokku.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : North Indian
COURSE : Main Dish YIELD :2-4 serving
- Potato(large) – 1
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Salt – as required
- Cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Oil/Ghee – as required
- Pressure cook potato for 2 whistles.
- Peel the skin and mash it well. Tiny lumps are fine.
- Add chilli powder, salt, turmeric and mix well.
- Add Wheat flour and a Tsp of oil.
- Knead as a soft dough by sprinkling water little by little.
- Cover it with a wet kitchen towel and let it sit for 30 min.
- Split the dough into lemon size balls.
- Dust with wheat flour and roll it gently with chapati roller.
- Roll all chapatis.
- Heat a tawa / griddle. Sprinkle oil.
- Put Chapati. Apply some oil on the top.
- Flip chapati as needed. Cook till you get dark brown spots on both sides.
- Cook all chapatis.
- You can add any spice powder while kneading the dough.
- Dust with flour just to avoid stickiness. Otherwise chapati will be dry.
- Either use oil while cooking chapati or apply butter on the top of the cooked chapati when it is hot.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/