POPPY SEEDS(white) HALWA
Poppy seeds are commonly used as a spice in Indian cooking. We can prepare a yummy and healthy dessert with this spice. It will be a surprise for many people(including me) when you hear this for the first time.It is a healthy recipe for new mothers. It is good to eat this during winter time.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as a Party dessert or Festival sweet.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD :2-3 serving
- Poppy seeds – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Almonds – 5
- Soak poppy seeds for about 5-6 hours.
- Drain it completely and grind it as a fine paste by adding milk little by little.
- Thinly slice almonds.
- Place a pan on medium flame. Add half of the ghee.
- Add the fine paste. Mix it well. Stir often.
- Cook till the colour changes into light brown.
- Add a tbsp of ghee if needed. Don’t burn at the bottom.
- Add milk and sugar. Stir it for every 2 min.
- Let it cook till the ghee oozes out.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add ghee on top(optional)
- Garnish with almonds.
- Add enough milk for grinding as a paste.
- You can add cashew nuts.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/