Coconut milk is liquid that is extracted from fresh coconut. Many canned coconut milk is available in the market but preparing coconut milk at home is easy. Fresh coconut milk is tasty and healthy. Coconut milk is used for different recipes. Coconut milk is different from coconut water. Many people get confused with both.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
- Grated Coconut
- Add the freshly grated coconut to the blender and blend(grind) it.
- Squeeze this using cheese cloth or a strainer with tiny holes. This is thicker milk.
- Take the squeezed coconut and add little water to it and blend again.
- Squeeze this again. Now you will get thin milk.
- You can mix both milk and use this for recipes.
- For aged people thin milk is better than thick milk.
- Coconut milk contains good amount of fat.
- You can use this milk as a side dish for aapam and idiyapam with little sugar or jaggery.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/