Mutton bone soup is very thin, light and aromatic soup. It is easy to prepare this healthy recipe. It is a quick remedy for common cold and cough. It is good to have it during cold weather. For soup you should choose bone pieces with some flesh on it. If you are a non-vegetarian surely try this soup once.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve before main meals.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Soup YIELD : 1-2 serving
- Mutton – 1 cup app.(medium size bone pieces 5-7)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Clean, cut and wash mutton pieces.
- Crush pepper and cumin coarsely.
- Place a pressure cooker on medium heat. Add oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mutton pieces and turmeric powder.
- Saute for a min and add enough water and salt for soup.
- Stir it and close with lid. Cook for 5-8 whistles according to mutton piece size.
- When the pressure is released completely open the lid.
- Add freshly crushed spices. Give a quick mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Fresh mutton will leave some oil while cooking.
- You can add more spices like fennel seeds, coriander seeds as you prefer.
- Use sesame oil. It give good taste and flavor.
- If you don’t like crushed spices, you can use cumin powder and pepper powder.
- If you are serving for kids use powdered spice.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :