RAGI SEMIYA(Sweet) – Finger Millet/Kelvaragu Semiya
Ragi vermicelli is a easy, quick and healthy breakfast recipe. You can even pack this as lunch for kids. You have to be careful while preparing this. If you soak it for longer time it will become like batter. So exactly follow what is given in the packet. Here I am using store bought Ragi vermicelli(Anil).
Here I am writing the sweet version recipe. We can also prepare it as regular vermicelli (karam version). Later I will post that too.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Breakfast YIELD : 1 or 2 serving
- Ragi vermicelli – 2 cups
- Water – as required
- Salt – a pinch
- Grated coconut – 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Sugar – as per taste.
- Take vermicelli in a big bowl. Add salt. Add water and soak it for 3 min.
- Drain excess water completely using a strainer.
- Steam the vermicelli using Idly pot or steamer for 5-7 min.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- If they are sticking with each other just separate it using fingers or use a fork.
- Add coconut, cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Sweet Ragi semiya is ready. You can add a tsp of ghee on the top.
- Do not soak it more than 3 min. It will loose its nature.
- Adding salt is necessary. Do not skip that.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :