ARISI PAYASAM – Rice Payasam
Payasam is quick and delicious Indian Dessert. Arisi payasam is a traditional recipe which we prepare during auspicious/festival days. This is easy to prepare and it is yummy.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS :
- Serve as Dessert.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 2 or 3 serving
- Raw rice – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup (adjust according to your taste)
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup (roughly packed)
- Water – as needed
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Raisins – 5
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 min. Drain it completely and spread it on a kitchen towel/cloth for 5 min(To absorb excess water). Pulse it in a blender coarsely.
- Add jaggery to 1/4 cup of water and boil until it is completely dissolved. Filter this and keep it aside.
- In a pan boil 1.5 cups of water on medium heat.
- Add coarsely powdered rice and mix well without any lumps.
- Stir until it is completely cooked. Add Jaggery water and mix well.
- When it starts boiling add coconut and simmer it for 3 min.
- Roast cashew nut and raisins in ghee and add this to payasam.
- Add cardamom powder. Mix once and turn off the stove.
- It will get thickened even after you turn off the stove. So prepare accordingly.
- You can add coconut milk or coconut chunks instead of grated coconut.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :