VAZHAKAI DEEP FRY – Raw Banana Deep Fry
Vazhakai chips is a common recipe. This vazhakai deep fry is slightly varied from the procedure of vazhakai chips. This is crunchy and tasty recipe. Adjust spice level according to your taste.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as Tea time Snack.
- Serve as side dish for any rice recipe.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 4 0r 5 serving
- Vazhakai (Raw Banana) – 1
- Red chilli powder – 2 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Garam masala(opt) – a pinch
- Oil – for deep fry
- In a bowl mix chilli powder, turmeric, salt and garam masala. Keep it aside.
- Peel and wash the vazhakai. Cut both ends and cut into 2 halves.
- Thinly slice it lengthwise.
- Arrange vazhakai slices in a plate.
- Spread the chilli powder mix on both sides.
- Leave it for 30 min.
- Heat oil on medium heat. Deep fry until it becomes crispy.
- Fry in batches.
- Keep peeled Vazhakai in water to prevent discoloration.
- If needed pat dry vazhakai slices with a kitchen towel before spreading chilli powder mix.
- Vazhakai slices may leave some water during 30 min resting time. Keep the plate slightly angeled. So that water drips off.
- Use less oil. Chilli powder flavor will retained in the oil.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :