MULTI-LENTIL CREPES – Adai Dosa
Lentils are small but they contains high nutritious value. This multi lentil dosa is rich in Protein and Iron content. This dosa is a good idea for making kids to have lentils. It is easy, quick and also very healthy breakfast recipe.. Just soak lentils overnight. Prepare batter and make dosa for breakfast. Serve hot with chutney.
Adai is made of rice and lentils(channa dal, toor dal and moong dal). Instead of normal adai here we are going to use Rajma(kidney beans), White Chickpea, Green peas, Black chickpea, whole green moong dal and other lentils.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- Serve with Sugar/ Jaggery.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Breakfast YIELD : 8-12 dosa
- Lentils : (alter according to your preference)
- Black chickpea – 2 Tbsp
- White chickpea – 2 Tbsp
- Green Moongdal -2 Tbsp
- Rajma(kidney beans) – 2 Tbsp
- Green Peas(dried) – 2 Tbsp
- Horsegram(kollu) – 2 Tbsp
- Channa dal – 2 Tbsp
- Urad dal – 2 Tbsp
- Raw rice – 1/4 cup
- Spices :
- Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
- Red chilli – 3-5
- Fenugreek – 1/4 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing – large pinch
- Ginger – 1 or 2 inch
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Oil – as needed
- Wash and soak lentils and rice together for 8 hours or overnight.
- Soak spices in warm water for 30 min. Use less water.
Grinding Batter :
- Grind spices along with ginger and garlic as a coarse paste. Use no or little water.
- Add soaked lentils along with this and grind everything as a coarse batter.
- Batter should not be watery nor thick. Add salt and mix well.
Making Dosa :
- Heat a tawa or griddle.
- When it hot, pour a ladle of batter and spread it in circular shape. Do it slowly.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa. Let it get cooked. You can notice the colour change.
- Flip the dosa and allow it to cook on the other side. When both sides are cooked remove it from griddle and serve hot.
- You can alter the lentil variety and quantity.
- Grinding spices separately makes it to grind nicely.
- You can ferment this batter batter for 2 to 4 hours and use it. It makes the batter lighter. Do not ferment more than that.
- Color of the dosa will be different according to the lentils you used.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :