MUTTAI KUZHAMBU -Egg Curry
Muttai/Egg kuzhambu is simple and quick recipe. We are not using boiled egg in this curry as we do in usual egg curry. This recipe is a good side dish for chapati and rice. Egg curry is prepared in n number of methods. This is one of my favorite methods.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with chapati or rice.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Dish YIELD : 2-3 servings
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Tomato(medium) – 1
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1.5 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 Tsp
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 Tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 Tsp
- Curry leaves(opt) – 1 string
For Coconut Paste :
- Coconut(grated/ cuts) – 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
For Egg :
- Egg – 4
- Salt – as needed
- Pepper – 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala(opt) – 1/4 Tsp
- Finely chop onion and tomato.
- Place a kadai/pan over medium heat. Temper with given ingredients.
- Add finely chopped onion. Saute until onion become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute until there is no raw smell.
- Add tomato and salt. Cook until tomato becomes soft.
- Optional step : Take 2 Tbsp of this mix and keep it aside. (we grind this along with coconut paste)
- Add turmeric, r.chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add enough water. Close pan with a lid. Cook for 5-7 min.
- Grind coconut, cumin and onion tomato mix. Add this paste to the kuzhambu.
- Add water if needed. Mix well. Wait till it starts to boil.
- Egg :
- Take a mixing bowl. Crack the eggs and drop in that bowl. Add salt, pepper, garam masala and Beat well.
- Pour this egg mix evenly into the kuzhambu. Do not mix it. Close the pan with a lid. Let it get cooked fully(5-6 min). You can notice on the top of the kuzhambu.
- Turn off the stove. Serve hot.
- Egg mix will absorb more kuzhambu. So add water according to it.
- Do not mix kuzhambu after adding the eggs.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by step procedure with pictures :