Easy Mooli Paratha – Radish Paratha
Mooli(Radish) paratha is usually made with radish stuffing inside chapati dough. Instead of Stuffed version today I am posting a simple and easy version of radish paratha. You do not need any special side dish for this paratha. It simply goes well with curd and pickle.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Lunch/Dinner with chutney of your choice.
- Lunch/Dinner with curd/yogurt and pickle.
- Evening snack for kids.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Roti,FlatBread YIELD : 6 Parathas
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Radish – 1 (medium size)
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Peel the skin, wash and grate the radish.
- Squeeze the grated radish and save water for later use.
- Heat a pan/kadai over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add radish, turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute for 3-5 min. Turn of the heat.
- Add wheat flour to a mixing bowl. Add salt, butter and fried radish and squeezed water.
- Mix well using fingers. You will get a crumbled texture.
- Add in water little by little and prepare a medium soft dough.
- Cover with damp cloth. Let it sit for 10-15 min.
- Make small balls out of the dough. Roll it using a chapati roller.
Cooking Paratha :
- Heat a tawa/griddle. When it is hot, put the paratha.
- Add some butter on the top. Flip it.
- Cook both the sides until it is completely cooked.
- Remove from griddle and serve hot.
- You can add radish directly into the wheat flour without frying it. Some people don’t like the fresh smell of radish.
- Additionally you can add cumin seeds or cumin powder, garam masala and coriander leaves.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :