KAMBU KOZHUKATTAI – Pearl Millet Kozhukattai
Koozhukattai is very easy and famous South Indian recipe. Usually we prepare different variety of kozhukattai during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Today I am posting Pidi kozhukattai recipe. It is one of the healthy snack. To make it more healthier we are going to prepare this with Pearl Millet(kambu).
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Evening Snack.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack YIELD :8-9 kozhukattai
- Kambu(Pearl millet) flour – 1 cup
- Coconut(grated) – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup (cubed -3)
- Water – as required
- Dry roast kambu flour for 3-4 min or until you get good aroma.
- Heat little water in a pan. Add jaggery and let it dissolve. Filter it.
- In a mixing bowl add roasted flour and cardamom powder.
- Add jaggery water little by little and mix the flour.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Flour should hold when you hold it with fingers. It should easily break when you press it. This is the right consistency. (If your flour is not holding then you need to add some more water. If it is not breaking easily then you have added more water than required.)
- Make kozhukattai. (Take a handful of flour and hold it tightly)
- Steam it for 12-15 min. (In a Idly pan add required water and boil it. Arrange the kozhikattai in Idly plate and place it for steaming)
- Serve hot.
- You can add a tsp of ghee while roasting flour.
- Add sliced coconut instead of grated coconut.
- You can make any shape of kolukattai.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :