SPROUTED MOONG DAL/ GREEN GRAM SALAD
Sprouts are one of the healthiest food. They are rich in fiber and has low calories. It is good for all ages. People suffering from diabetes should add sprouts in their regular menu.
Having plain sprouts is little boring. So today I am posting tasty and healthy salad recipe using sprouted moong dal. Homemade sprouts are mush healthier than store bought ones. It is very simple to prepare sprouts at home.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as snack
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : World
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 1-2 servings
- Moong dal / Green gram – 1/2 cup
- Water – as needed
For Salad :
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (Grated)
- Cucumber – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup or less (Chopped)
- Onion – 1/4 cup or less (finely chopped)
- Grape tomatoes – 5 Or Tomato – 1/4 cup or less (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 1/2 finely chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Black salt – a pinch or Salt – as needed
- Roasted cumin powder – a pinch
- Chat Masala (optional) – a pinch
For Sprouting :
- Soak moong dal with enough water for 24 hours. Cover with a lid. Do not disturb.
- After 24 hours completely drain water. Again cover with a lid and let it rest for 2 days. Do not disturb this process.
- You can see fresh sprouts after 1 day. Sprouting for another day yield long sprouts. (See picture below)
- You can refrigerate it for 2 days. But using fresh sprouts is tastier.
For Salad :
- Finely chop onion, tomato, green chilli, cucumber and cabbage.
- Grate carrot.
- In a mixing bowl add sprouts, onion, tomato, green chilli, cabbage and carrot.
- Mix well. Add pepper powder, black salt and cumin powder.
- Give a good mix. Freshly squeeze in lemon juice and add chat masala on the top.
- Serve it.
- Add in lemon juice and chat masala just before you serve the salad.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :