BAINGAN FRY – Eggplant Fry
Baingan fry is very delicious recipe. I learnt this recipe from one of my good friend from North India. Basically this is a Bengali recipe. It is very easy to prepare and goes well with rice or chapati as side dish.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as side dish for white rice with sambar, rasam or Curd.
- Serve as side dish for chapati.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Side course YIELD : 4-5 servings
- Egg plant – 1
- Salt – as needed
- Red chilli powder – 2 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Rice flour – 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida / Hing (opt) – a pinch
- Oil – for frying
- In a mixing bowl combine salt, turmeric, garam masala, cumin powder,rice flour, hing and red chilli powder. Give a good mix.
- Wash and cut eggplant into thick round slices. Do this just before you start frying.
- Place a pan on medium heat. Add oil.
- Press both sides of the eggplant in kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. (optional)
- Coat well with flour mix.
- Place it on hot oil. Flip and fry both sides until brown. Fry in batches.
- Remove from pan and place it on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. (Repeat this step if you have more oil)
- If you cut eggplant and left it for sometime, it may get color change. Optionally you can put it in water until you use it.
- Try to use less oil for frying. Add oil for each batch. Otherwise it will absorb more oil. It will become oily.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :