EASY BREAD UPMA
Bread upma is very easy and simple to prepare. You can have it during any time of the day. Do you have some left over bread and wanna use it? This is the easiest recipe. Also you can prepare this as a quick breakfast or tea time snack. This recipe tastes good by itself.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Tea time snack, breakfast or dinner.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Breakfast , Snack YIELD : 1-2 servings
- Bread slices – 4-6
- Butter – 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 2
- Onion – 1/2
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Sambar powder or red chilli powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Water – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
To Temper :
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal(opt) – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Toast the bread and cut into cubes.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Melt butter.
- Add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add urad dal.
- When it becomes golden brown add cumin seeds, hing and curry leaves.
- Add garlic and saute once. Add onions.
- Saute for two min. (do not turn into golden brown)
- Add tomatoes and cook for a min.
- Add turmeric, sambar powder and salt. Combine well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook until soft and mushy.
- Turn the heat to low. Add cubed bread. Coat well with this masala.
- Let it be on low heat for a min or two. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add bread without toasting it.
- You can use oil instead of using butter.
- I like to add sambar powder. You can add red chilli powder also.
- You can add some lemon juice before adding bread cubes.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :