MATAR PANEER -Mattar Paneer Recipe / Paneer Mutter Recipe
Matar paneer is a popular North Indian curry which is served with Naan, roti, paratha or Chapati. It is quick, easy and delicious recipe. Matar paneer is a simple curry prepared using paneer and peas. Usually it is served with roti dishes. But it goes well with Pulao varieties.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Pulao Varieties.
- Serve with Naan, chapati, roti or paratha.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : North Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 3-4 Servings
- Oil / Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese- 200 grams
- Green peas(Fresh or Frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Fresh cream (opt) – 2 or 3 Tbsp
For Grinding :
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Ginger – 1.5 inch
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilli – 1 (opt)
- Cashew nuts – 4 or 5
- Slit the tomatoes slightly and add it to boiling water for about 4 min. After 4 min remove it from water and cool down completely. Peel off the skin. (This step is optional)
- Finely chop onion.
- slightly roast cashew nuts in oil.
- Grind peeled tomatoes with ginger, garlic, cashew nuts, green chilli, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- Place a kadai or pan over medium heat. Add oil/butter.
- Add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Saute for 30 seconds. Add finely chopped onion and less salt.
- Saute often until it becomes golden brown evenly. Add tomato paste.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, salt and red chilli powder. Give a good mix.
- Cover with a lid and mix often to avoid burning at the bottom. Cook until the oil oozes out on the top.
- Add Peas and adjust the gravy consistency by adding required water.
- Cook for 3 min or until the peas get cooked completely. (I am using frozen peas)
- Add cubed paneer and combine well. Let it be on low heat for 1-2 min.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves. (opt)
- You can use Garam masala powder instead of whole spices.
- If you are skipping green chilli add red chilli powder accordingly.
- If you are using fresh cream, add it after adding paneer cubes or garnish on the top of the serving bowl.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/ Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @dimplescookbook
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :