SCRAMBLED FISH – Meen Podimas/ Poriyal /Puttu
Scrambled Fish / Meen Podimas is very easy and quick recipe. Choose fish with less or no thorns. I am using Hailbut Fish (Pothal meen in Tamil). You can use Vanjaram fish also. Cooking seafood is easy and this podimas recipe can be prepared in very less time.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as a side dish for rice with Sambar or Rasam.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Hailbut Fish – 1 Medium piece
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 2 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Onion – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 3 or 4
- Black pepper – 1/2 Tsp
- Lemon – 1/2
- Clean and wash the fish thoroughly. Apply turmeric and let it sit for 5 min. Then wash it well with water and set it aside.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and green chilli.
- Steam fish for 5-6 min. I am using Idly pan. Apply oil on idly plate. ( You can use any kind of steamer) Cooked fish looks completely white and it is easy to pull with fingers.
- Let it cool down completely. Carefully scramble it leaving the thorns and skin.
- Heat a kadai or pan and add oil.
- Add garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute once. Add onion and green chilli.
- Cook until onions are well done.
- Add scrambled fish and salt to taste. Combine well. Do not over cook the fish. If so it will loose the moisture in it.
- Add freshly crushed black pepper and give a good mix.
- Squeeze in the lemon on the top.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- You can skip adding turmeric but I prefer to add turmeric to any kind of meat to the last rinse.
- Do not fry for more than 2 min. Then it will become dry.
- While steaming you will feel some fish odour.
- If you do not like the strong odour of the fish add some garam masala while adding the salt.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/ Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @dimplescookbook
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :