POHA KESARI / AVAL KESARI – Easy Sweet Recipe
Poha (Flattened Rice / Aval ) Kesari is a quick and easy dessert recipe. Kesari is a popular dessert recipe made using sooji (Rava). Poha kesari is nearly similar to that procedure. Instead of using sooji we are using poha here. I am using milk to prepare this kesari. It makes the recipe more delicious.
For Video Recipe Click here : Poha / Aval Kesari
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Dessert or snack.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 2 servings
- Poha / Flattened Rice / Aval – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Raisins – 5-7 (I am using black raisins)
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (adjust according to sweetness)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Food Color(orange) – a pinch
- Measure everything and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Melt 1 Tbsp ghee.
- Add cashews and raisins and roast till raisins puff up.
- Filter these from ghee and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add poha and roast it for about 4-5 min . (Do not let the color to change)
- Cool down completely and transfer it to a blender. Coarsely grind it.
- Boil Milk in a pan. When it starts to boil, add Poha.
- Stir constantly until thickened. Add sugar.
- Combine well. Add Food color and Cardamom powder.
- Mix well. Add a Tbsp of ghee and stir until it comes out of the pan without sticking.
- Garnish with roasted nuts and serve it.
- You can use water instead of milk.
- You can skip food color or may use another color.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/ Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @dimplescookbook
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :