SWEET PANIYARAM – Instant Banana Paniyaram using Wheat Flour
Paniyaram is a common South Indian recipe. You need Paniyaram pan to prepare this recipe. Sweet and savoury version of paniyaram are very famous street food.
Usually paniyaram is prepared using well fermented Idly batter. When you wanna eat paniyaram and there is no idly batter, try this instant sweet paniyaram recipe. Then it will become a regular snack menu in your home. We are using banana, wheat flour, coconut and jaggery which makes this snack as healthy choice.
If you are looking for other snack recipes, check here. Snacks.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Snack, dinner.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 25-26 paniyarams
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Ripened Banana – 2
- Coconut Slices – 1/4 cup or more
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Water – as required
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Baking soda (opt) – a pinch
- Ghee – as required
- Dissolve jaggery with less water over medium flame. Filter impurities if any.
- Make fine slices of coconut. Melt a Tbsp of ghee in a pan and roast the coconut slices over low heat for 2 min or until you get good aroma.
- Mash well the bananas or grind it using a mixie / blender.
- Mix mashed banana and jaggery water.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, cardamom powder and combine well.
- Pour the banana mix and combine well. Add water if needed. The batter should be in pouring consistency.
- Add roasted coconut and mix well.
- Finally add a pinch of baking soda and mix well.
- Heat a paniyaram pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 Tsp ghee in each mould.
- Pour the batter using a spoon or small spatula. Let it cook.
- After 2-3 min flip each paniyaram using a spoon or paniyam stick / skewers.
- Cook on other side until golden brown. If you insert the skewers or paniyaram stick onto the paniyaram, it should come out clean without any batter sticking on it. It is the indication that paniyaram is completely cooked.
- Remove it from pan and prepare the next batch using same procedure.
- You can skip roasting coconut slices.
- You can use grated coconut.
- You can use Oil instead of ghee.
- Deep fry this batter if you don’t have a paniyaram pan. Heat oil in a pan for deep fry. When it is hot, add a spoonful of batter in the middle. Wait for it to come up to the top surface of the oil. Then add another spoonful of batter. Continue this until you get add enough paniyaram for that batch. Cook both sides and filter it from oil. Make many batches as required but do not over stuff the oil.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :