CARROT PORIYAL – Grated Carrot Stir Fry
Carrot is a very common vegetable. Eating fresh carrot is really a healthy habit. Grated Carrot stir fry/ Carrot poriyal is an easy and simple South Indian side dish recipe. When you have less time for preparing lunch box, do this carrot poriyal and simply mix cooked white rice with it . Quick Carrot Rice is ready in minutes.
You may also like other vegetable side dish
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as a side dish for cooked white rice with sambar, rasam, kuzhambu.
- Mix with cooked white rice and have simple potato fry as side dish. (Easy Lunch box recipe)
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Dish YIELD : 2 Servings
- Carrot – 3
- Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal 1/2 Tsp
- Channa Dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli – 3
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Salt as needed
- Coconut – 3 Tbsp (grated/shredded)
- Peel the skin, wash and grate the carrots using grater.
- Keep everything ready.
- Heat a pan or kadai. Add oil.
- Add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering, add urad dal and channa dal.
- Saute until golden brown and add red chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute 30 sec and add carrot.
- Cook for about 3-5 min. When most of the moisture is gone add salt and give a good mix.
- Add coconut. Turn off the heat. Combine well. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Do not cook carrot for long time. It will become dry.
- Cook on medium or medium low flame.
- You can add finely chopped onion before adding carrot. But I don’t prefer it.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :