ONION RAITA – Vengaya Thayir Pachadi
Raita is a simple side dish recipe made with curd/yogurt. Various raita variety can be prepared. Onion raita is very commonly served with Biryani and Pulao varieties. It also goes well with stuffed chapati also. Basically when you eat something spicy this raita will be a good side dish.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Spicy food.
- Serve with Biryani or Pulao varieties.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD : 2-3 servings
- Onion – 1/2 cup (Sliced)
- Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Green chilli – 1 or 1/2
- Coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Chaat Masala(opt) – a pinch
- Chop onion, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Beat yogurt and add onion, green chilli, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well. Add a pinch of chaat masala on the top(opt).
- Enjoy with Biryani.
- Chaat masala is not in the traditional recipe. But it gives a good taste.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :