BEETROOT STIR FRY – Beetroot Poriyal
Beetroot is rich in Vitamin C. It is also loaded with Iron, Protein and other minerals. It is good to add beetroot in your weekly menu. Beetroot stir-fry is simple side dish for white rice or chapati. Beetroot is sweet in nature. Today I am posting a spicy version of beetroot stir-fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with steamed white rice, sambar or rasam.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD : 2-3 servings
- Beetroot(large) – 1
- Salt – as needed
For grinding :
- Coconut slices – 1/4 cup
- Cumin – 1 Tsp
- Black pepper – 1 Tsp
- Red chilli – 1 or 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Water – for grinding
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Grind given ingredients with required water.
- Chop beetroot. Pressure cook for 1 whistle or cook in pan with required water.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai. Add mustard seeds.
- When it starts spluttering add urad dal. Saute until it starts to turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ground paste. Saute for 2 min or until no raw smell.
- Add cooked beetroot and salt. Combine well.
- Let it cook for another 2-3 min. Turn off the heat.
- Chop beetroot evenly in any size/shape.
- You can add a pinch of turmeric while cooking beetroot.
- If you are cooking in open pan, First temper then add beetroot. When it is completely cooked add the ground paste and cook for 3-4 min or as needed.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :