CANDIED PEANUTS – Caramelized Sugar Peanuts / Groundnuts
Candied Peanuts / Caramelized Peanuts / Sugar Coated Peanuts are known by different names. It is the easiest snack ever and absolutely scrumptious. These candied peanuts are crunchy and very satisfying. You can top it with Salt / Cinnamon / Paprika / Vanilla Essence / Orange zest or anything you prefer.
I would like to grab this candied peanuts while travelling. It is better to have some handy foods rather than eating some junk foods. I have already shared a savory version of peanut Masala Kadalai. Both of these are my favourite snack.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : World
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 1 Cup
- Raw peanut / Groundnut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup
- Water – 3-4 Tbsp
(Optional) For Topping : (Any one of these)
- Cinnamon powder
- Vanilla Essence
- Place a parchment sheet ready for spreading the hot candied peanuts.
- In a pan, add peanuts, water and sugar.
- Place it on stove top and turn on the heat to medium.
- Stir constantly until it is completely done (nearly 8-10 min). First the sugar gets dissolved in water. Then sugar starts to crystalize.
- Lower the heat when the sugar turned into crystals. After that it become watery and starts to caramelize. You can notice the colour change in sugar.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the water completely evaporates and the peanuts become coarse sandy texture.
- Turn off the heat and transfer these to the parchment paper.
- Add topping of your choice and give a good mix. (I have used salt for half of the peanut and cinnamon for another half)
- Allow the peanuts to cool down completely. Store it in an air tight container.
- You can add topping to the peanut while they are in pan. It is easy to mix in pan. I am using 2 flavours. So I did in the parchment paper.
- Make sure you turn of the heat and add the topping immediately while the peanuts are hot.
- Always use raw peanuts.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :