BADAM HALWA – Almond Dessert
Badam / Almond halwa is a rich and yummy Indian Dessert made using almonds, milk, sugar and ghee. The cooking process is simple and it tastes delicious. This amazing dessert is favourite sweet for many pregnant woman. It is often made during Diwali festival and other important occasions.
You may also like other Indian Desserts
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Dessert, Snack
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 3-4 servings
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Water – for soaking almonds
- Milk – app. 3/4 cup (for grinding almonds)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3-4 Tbsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Soak almonds in water for 2-3 hours.
- Peel the skin by pressing each almond between thumb and other fingers.
- Add saffron to 2 Tbsp warm milk.
- Coarsely grind peeled almonds with enough milk. (no measurement needed)
- Melt 2 Tbsp ghee over medium heat.
- Add almond paste. Mix well.
- Add Sugar and combine well. It will become little loose in consistency.
- Add saffron milk. Stir all the time. Don’t let the bottom to burn.
- After some time you can notice halwa started thickening.
- Add 1 Tbsp ghee and combine well.
- After it gets absorbed by the halwa add another tbsp of ghee.
- Combine well. You can notice the halwa become non-sticky.
- Add cardamom powder and combine well.
- Turn off the heat when the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
- I use 2 tbsp less sugar from 1 cup. You can adjust sweetness according to your taste.
- No accurate measurement needed for milk.
- Use long handled spatula.
- Use homemade fresh ghee for best result.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :