Potato fry is an easy recipe and it can be served with any rice variety. I have already posted a Potato fry recipe using boiled potato and a Potato Paal Curry recipe using coconut paste. Today I am sharing a different recipe where we cook the potatoes over the pan itself.
Check other Vegetable recipes here.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Course YIELD :2-3 servings
- Potato(medium size) – 2
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
- Curry leaves powder – 3/4 Tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds powder – 3/4 Tsp
- Chop potatoes.
- Place a non-stick/ heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute continuously until there is no raw smell.
- Add potatoes. Combine well. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt.
- Saute often. Cook until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Add curry leaves powder and cumin seeds powder.
- Give a good mix and turn off the heat.
- Transfer this to a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Immediately transfer this to the serving bowl. Do not leave it on paper towel for a long time.
- Curry leaves powder and cumin powder adds great flavour to the recipe. Do not skip those.
- You can also add a Tsp of garam masala.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :