PEANUT SNACK – Verkadalai / Groundnut Sundal
Peanut Sundal is an easy, healthy and filling snack recipe. I have already posted Peanut Chaat, Masala Kadalai , Candied Peanuts and other peanut recipes. Today I am sharing this simple evening snack as Navratri Festival special.
Navratri is a Hindu festival celebrated for 9 days. Sundal is the important dish prepared during this festival. My previous post was Chana Sundal. Will post more sundal recipes as Navratri Special. Happy Navratri.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 1-2 servings
- Peanuts / Verkadalai – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 or 5
- Red chilli – 2
- Grated coconut – 3 Tbsp
- Soak peanuts for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pressure cook peanuts with enough water and little salt for 2 whistles.
- Filter the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When it starts to spluttering add urad dal .
- Saute until golden brown. Add red chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute once and add cooked nuts. Add salt if needed.
- Mix well and add freshly grated coconut.
- Turn off the heat and combine well.
- Soaking the nuts reduces cooking time and also makes it soft.
- You can use green chillies instead of red chillies.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :