KARA PORI – SPICY PUFFED RICE / GARLIC MURMURA
Kara Pori (Puffed rice/Murmura) is one of my favourite snack during school days. This spicy guilt free snack is better than any deep fried snack recipes. Enjoy this cripsy puffed rice along with hot tea or coffee during cold weather. Your family will love it.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Tea or Coffee.
- Serve as a snack while watching Tv.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 3 or 4
- Curry leaves – 5 or 6
- Fried gram / Pottukadalai – 2 Tbsp
- Groundnuts / Peanuts – 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Hing – small pinch
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Pori / Murmura / Puffed rice – 3 cups
- Crush the garlic with skin.
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat a kadai or pan over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil. When it is hot add garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute until curry leaves becomes crispy. Add groundnuts and fried gram.
- Saute for a min or 2 until groundnuts are done.
- Turn the heat to low. Add turmeric , hing and red chilli powder.
- Mix well. Add puffed rice and required salt.
- Combine well until the pori gets mixed with all the spices and becomes crispy.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Store it in an air-tight container.
- You can add ghee instead of coconut oil.
- You can use Sambar powder instead of red chilli powder.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :