DRY FRUITS LADOO – Dates and Nuts Laddu
Ladoo/Laddu is a popular sweet / Dessert in India. Different kind of ladoos are available. I have already posted Moong Dal ladoo recipe made with split yellow moong dal and sugar. Today I am posting a Sugar Free sweet recipe. All ingredients used here are healthy and nutritious.
Most of the sweets / desserts are made using sugar, jaggery or other sweetener. Here we are using Dates as sweetener and also as a binding agent. You can use any dry nuts for this laddu. This is a healthy snack for children. Eating this ladoo daily is easy when compared to eat dates, walnuts, pistachios, almonds,etc. at the same time. Simply this ladoo is made of all goodies. You can pack this in snack box for children, hubby or for yourself. Always it is better to have a homemade yummy and healthy snack.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Snack , Dessert, After school snack, Snack box, Festival Sweet.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Snack, Dessert YIELD : 15 ladoos
- Dates – 1.5 cups
- Almonds – 1/4 cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Pistachios – 1/4 cup
- Cashewnuts – 2 Tbsp
- Raisins – 1 Tbsp
- Poppy seeds(opt) – 1 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Nutmeg powder(opt) – very small pinch
- Remove seeds from dates. Chop it and grind it.
- Finely chop nuts. (Almonds, Cashew nuts, Walnuts, Pistachios)
- Dry roast poppy seeds until they starts to splutter.
- Transfer it to a plate.
- Heat ghee over low-medium heat. Add chopped nuts and roast it for 2-3 min.
- Add roasted poppy seeds and raisins. Saute for a min or less.
- Add dates and combine well for 1 or 2 min.
- Add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
- Mix everything well and turn off the heat. Transfer it to a plate.
- Make small sized balls while it is warm.
- Store in an air tight container when it is completely cooled down.
- Adjust the nuts quantity as you like.
- Adding poppy seeds gives good texture and taste to this ladoo.
- Dry roasting nuts give good crunchy taste. Do not add more ghee while roasting.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :