KESAR BADAM KATLI -Almonds Saffron Burfi
Badam sweets are very special and they tastes delicious in any form. I have already posted Badam Halwa recipe which is one of my favourite Dessert. Today I am sharing this Katli / Burfi recipe as Diwali special. Saffron makes it more colourful and adds richness to this recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Festival Sweets, Snack, Dessert
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Snack , Dessert YIELD : 20-25 katli
- Almonds – 3/4 cup
- Saffron strands – few
- Milk – as needed
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup or little more than that.
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Some almonds and saffron – for garnishing (opt)
- Soak almonds in hot water. Let it sit for an hour.
- Soak saffron strands in 2-3 Tbsp warm milk.
- Peel the almonds skin. (Press each almond between thumb and other finger to remove the skin easily)
- Grind it little coarsely with saffron milk. Add little more milk if needed.
- In a non-stick / heavy bottomed pan add sugar and water.
- Boil until you get one string consistency. (Rub it between fingers and stretch it. You should see 1 string like consistency)
- Add the almonds paste. Combine well and cook over medium-low heat.
- Stir continuously until it gets thick.
- When it starts to come out of the pan edges easily add 1/2 Tbsp ghee and combine well. Turn off the heat.
- Grease a parchment paper/ butter paper using ghee. Put this hot mix on the sheet.
- Let it become warm. Work with fingers to get dough like consistency.
- Place the dough on a parchment sheet and spread a plastic wrap on it.
- Roll it thin using a chapati roller as needed .
- Garnish with some almonds and saffron. (opt)
- Cut it using a greased knife. Remove the slices and store it in an air-tight container.
- You can also prepare this katli using pat dried almond powder. For that use a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture from almonds after peeling the skin. Grind it nice without adding milk. Add that to the sugar syrup.
- Turn off the heat when the mix really gets thick. It will shrink a little bit after cooling down.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :