JEERA PULAO – Zeera Pulao – Simple Flavoured Rice
Jeera Pulao is a very easy yet flavourful rice recipe which goes well with any spicy gravy variety. It can be prepared in a jiffy if you have cooked rice ready. Usually for any pulao recipe we use basmati rice. Basically Cumin seeds helps in digestion. So I prepare this while I am making Rajma Curry, Egg Gravy, Matar Paneer or such curries.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Basmati rice – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cashew nuts – 4 or 5
- Cumin seeds – 1.5 Tbsp
- Onion(small) – 1
- Green chilli – 2 or 3
- Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Wash the basmati rice and soak it in enough water for 20 min.
- Finely chop onion and green chillies.
- In a large vessel boil 7 cups of water. Cover with a lid.
- When water starts to boil add the rice. Add a Tsp of ghee.
- Cook for 6-7 min or until the rice gets cooked completely. Check using a fork spoon or any spatula.
- Drain the water immediately using a colander.
- In a pan/kadai heat ghee. Add whole spices(cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf).
- Saute until you get good aroma. Add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add cashew nuts. Add onion and green chillies.
- Saute until golden brown. Add cooked rice and salt.
- Combine well. Garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat.
- You can skip cashew nuts.
- This is a simple pulao recipe. You can add cooked green peas if you wish.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :