SPICY GARLIC EGG – Karam Muttai
Spicy garlic egg / Egg karam is a quick and easy side dish recipe. You can prepare this as a side dish with many South Indian main course. It need very less ingredients and can be prepared in a jiffy. Adding finely chopped garlic gives very good aroma and taste to the eggs. Cook it in low heat to make a perfect spiced egg.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with variety rice. (Lemon rice. Tomato rice, etc)
- Serve with rice along with sambar, rasam or curd.
- Serve as appetizer / Starter for parties.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Appetizer, Side course YIELD : 3 – 4 Servings
- Egg – 4
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Boil Eggs for 12-15 min in water (or) Pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- Peel the skin and cut into 2 halves.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Heat a kadai over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add garlic and curry leaves. Turn the heat to low.
- Saute for few seconds. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add turmeric and sambar powder. If you do not have sambar powder add red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Saute for few seconds until there is no raw smell.
- Add boiled eggs. Sprinkle some salt and combine it gently.
- Cook for 2 min on one side. Flip it and cook it for another 2 or min.
- Turn off the heat.
- Use sesame oil or coconut oil to enhance the flavor.
- You can add other spices like garam masala or amchur powder or chaat masala.
- Adding sambar powder gives the combination of many spices. If you don’t have it you can add combination of red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder as per your taste.
- You can even cut the eggs into 4 pieces also. Be gentle while combining it with spices.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates Follow me on Twitter and Instagram