MUSHROOM COCONUT CURRY
Mushroom gravy / Mushroom Curry / Mushroom Coconut Masala is a spicy and delicious recipe. This curry is best when served with chapati / Naan / Roti / Paratha or even with jeera pulao and pulao varieties. Adding coconut to this curry gives scrumptious taste to the mushrooms. While using mushrooms make sure you wash it thoroughly with water.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Chapati or Roti or Paratha or Naan.
- Serve with Jeera pulao or other pulao varieties.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Mushroom – 2 cups
- Coconut(grated) – 3-4 Tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom -3
- Star anise (opt) – few
- Onion – 1 (medium)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Tomato – 1 (medium)
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Butter (opt) – 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Water – as needed
- Dry roast coconut and fennel seeds for 3-4 min until you get good aroma.
- Wash and slice mushrooms as needed.
- Finely chop onion and tomato.
- Heat a kadai or pan. Add oil.
- Add whole spices and roast it for few seconds. (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and star anise)
- Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add in tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Add required salt.
- Combine well and cover it with a lid. Cook until soft.
- Take 2 tbsp of this cooked masala and grind it along with roasted coconut.
- Add mushrooms and combine once. Add spice powders ( Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder)
- Combine everything and cover it with a lid. cook for about 4-5 min.
- Add little water and cook until oil oozes out on the top.
- Add ground coconut paste and simmer for about 5 min.
- Add butter(opt) and turn off the heat.
- Using Kashmiri red chilli powder gives good colour to this curry. You can use regular chilli powder. Reduce the quantity as 1/2 Tbsp or as needed.
- Grinding onion tomato masala with coconut gives creamy texture to this curry.
- Make sure to wash the mushrooms thoroughly before cooking.
- Saute the mushrooms in masala and then add water.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :