BADAM MILK using Homemade Badam Powder – Almond Milk
Badam / Almond has various health benefits and it is suggested to intake some almonds in our daily routine. Personally, I love almond recipes. Badam Halwa is my favorite sweet of all.
Badam Milk is a delicious drink which you could serve warm or cold. Today, I am sharing a Homemade Badam milk powder recipe. You could store this powder for about a month.
If you have this badam powder mix handy, it will take only minutes to prepare this mouth watering almond drink. It is good for children and adults. Kindly read all the notes given below for better results.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve warm.
- Serve Cold during summer weather.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian COURSE : Beverage
For Badam Powder : (YIELD – 1.5 cup powder approximately)
- Almonds / Badam – 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts – 2 Tbsp
- Pistachios – 2 Tbsp
- Saffron strands – few
- Cardamom – 4
- Sugar – 1/4 cup (use palm sugar if available)
- Water – as needed
For Badam Milk : (For 2 servings)
- Milk – 2.5 cups
- Sugar – as needed
- Heat water in a pan. When it starts to boil add almonds and let it sit for 2-3 min.
- Immediately filter it and place under running cold water.
- Spread those almonds on a kitchen towel and pat dry it.
- Peel the skin by simply pressing those in between the fingers.
For Badam Powder :
- Dry roast the peeled almonds over medium-low until they are completely dry.
- Dry roast cashews and pistachios for 2-3 min. (Do not let the color change)
- Completely cool down everything.
- Transfer these to a blender / mixer jar. Add saffron, cardamom and sugar.
- Grind it into a fine powder. Sieve it if needed.
- Cool down to room temperature and transfer this to an air tight container.
- Kindly Read all the notes below to store and use it perfect.
For Badam Milk :
- Boil milk over medium heat. When it starts to reduce in quantity add 3 Tbsp of badam powder that we prepared earlier.
- Combine it well and add sugar as needed.
- Simmer it for about 5 min and serve warm.
- For Cold Drink : Cool down the hot milk completely. Refrigerate it. And serve cold. You could store this for 2 days in fridge.
- Add palm sugar instead of white sugar. It makes it more healthy option. If you are preparing this for kids surely avoid using white sugar. (I do not have palm sugar so I am using white sugar)
- You could skip adding cashews and pistachios. They are like added flavors to this badam powder mix.
- If you preparing this for kids make sure you sieve it fine. If this is for adults grind it little course so that they could feel the nutty flavor in the milk.
- You could store this powder for about 1 month. Refrigerate it if you living in a humid weather.
- For quick hot drink, You could add a Tbsp of this mix to hot milk and serve it immediately without boiling it. It tastes a bit different than the boiled version.
- Do not add the powder mix to room temperature milk or cold milk. It will form lumps and will not dissolve easily.
- The color of the milk depends upon the amount of saffron used.
- Make sure you use clean dry spoon every time. It keeps the powder mix fresh and long lasting.
- You can adjust the quantity of powder for each serving. Usually 1.5 Tbsp of mix is good for a cup of milk.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :