RAVA KUZHI PANIYARAM – Sooji Carrot appe
Rava kuzhi paniyaram is an instant snack, appetizer or breakfast recipe. This is quick, easy and vege paniyaram. Days ago, I shared Banana paniyaram using wheat flour to use ripen banana in an efficient way. Today’s recipe Rava kuzhi paniyaram is often my instant dinner recipe. Adding vegetables in kuzhi paniyaram makes it more healthy. I am adding grated carrots to this recipe. You could add any vegetable of your choice.
You may like other
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with any chutney of your choice.
- Serve as after school snack, instant snack, Tea time snack, appetizer / starter for parties.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Snack, Appetizer, Breakfast YIELD : 20 paniyarams
- Sooji – 1 cup
- Curd / Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Water – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – for making paniyaram
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2
- curry leaves – few
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1
- Baking soda / cooking soda – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
For Tempering :
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Add curd and rava to a bowl. Combine well.
- Add salt and little water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Mix well and set it aside for 30 min.
- Chop onion, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and grate carrots.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When it starts to crackle add urad dal and channa dal. Saute until golden brown.
- Add green chillies and ginger. Saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and curry leaves. Cook until onions are soft.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add baking soda to the resting batter and combine well. You could notice that the batter become fluffy and light after adding soda.
- Add cooked onions, carrots and coriander leaves to the batter. Combine everything together.
- You should have a thick pouring consistency batter.
- Heat a paniyaram pan. Add drops of oil in each one. Using a spoon or small spatula pour the batter carefully.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 min or until it becomes golden brown and crispy edges on one side.
- Flip it using a wooden stick or spoon. Cook until you get golden brown on other side. Remove from pan and serve it with chutney of your choice.
- If you are using veges like beans, cabbage, capsicum saute it along with onions.
- You can add beetroots and carrots directly to the batter.
- Adding carrots give little sweet taste to the batter. Add green chillies accordingly.
- Add baking soda after resting time of the batter.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :