GINGER TEA | Inji Tea |Step by step procedure with pictures
By the title, many of you might think as Recipe for TEA? Since everyone prepares tea at home daily and whats makes this different? Some people prepare Tea in 5 min and some take half an hour. Taste of the tea is different in each home even though they use same brand milk and tea powder. The ratio of water and milk and the boiling time of the tea makes a big difference in taste. Some of my friends who tasted Tea at my home asked for this recipe, so I clicked pictures and sharing the same.
Tea is one of the very common beverages all over the world. Various types of tea are available. Today I am sharing Indian Ginger Tea recipe. Adding ginger to tea helps in digestion and it is good during cold weather.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Tea time snacks or cookies or cake.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Beverage YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Whole Milk – 1.5 cups (2% milk – 2 cups)
- Water – 1 cup (If using 2% milk use 1/2 cup or little more than that)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp or as needed
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Boil water in a tea pan.
- Using a mortar and pestle mash the ginger or grate the ginger using a grater.
- When water starts to boil, add mashed ginger and Tea powder.
- Let it boil for about 5 min or until it starts to reduce in quantity.
- Add milk. Place a spatula or butter knife on the top. This prevents milk from boiling over the pan.
- Let it boil until the desired color is attained. Add sugar and combine well.
- After 2 min, add in the cardamom powder and mix once.
- Turn off the heat. Filter it and serve hot.
- You can reheat the Tea.
- Adjust water ratio according to milk quality.
- You can add other spices like cinnamon, cloves and pepper.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :