Badam Ladoo | Almond Coconut Dessert |Step by step procedure with pictures
Happy to share another No Sugar Sweet recipe. Ladoo / Laddu is a popular Indian Dessert commonly prepared during festival season or any special occasion like marriages. This ladoo is made of Badam, Coconut and Jaggery with little cardamom flavor. This ladoo has nutty texture and taste. I love this ladoo because you can enjoy it without any guilt.
This almond ladoo is such a delicious treat which you can prepare with handy ingredients. Key element for making perfect ladoo is patience while roasting badam. This is a perfect snack box recipe.
Recently I have shared Badam Milk recipe using Homemade badam powder in my blog and that was a big hit. One of my friend asked me for more badam recipes for kids. So I thought of sharing this scrumptious and healthy Ladoo recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Dessert for party
- Snack box
- Festival Sweet
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 7 medium size ladoos
- Almonds / Badam – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 3 Tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 Tbsp
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup (adjust to taste)
- Ghee – 1/2 Tbsp (for greasing hands while making ladoo)
- Grate the jaggery.
- Dry roast almonds over medium low heat for about 7-9 min or until the skin starts to darken in color. Do not over roast it.
- Keep an eye over the pan all the time. Keep stirring on regular intervals for even roasting the nuts.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a plate. Allow it to cool down completely to room temperature.
- Add desiccated coconut and cardamom powder. Transfer everything to a blender / mixie jar.
- Pulse it a little to get coarse powder. If you do not have pulse option in your blender, grind over medium speed for less time intervals stirring in between,
- Add grated jaggery. Grind it until everything is combined together.
- At this stage the mix will be little oily. Transfer to a plate.
- Grease your palm with ghee. (Greasing is not necessary since oil from the mix is enough for halding ladoos. But a touch of ghee gives good flavor)
- Take a handful of the mix and hold it tight. Roll it inside palm and make round shaped ladoos.
- Repeat for all the mix.
- You can add raisins and cashew nuts while roasting badam.
- If you are preparing this ladoo for the same day, you could add fresh coconut. Roast it for few minutes over medium heat and add it . Do not add it directly.
- You can prepare this recipe even without coconut.
- If you have issues while holding ladoo that may be because of less moisture in the mix. Add a Tbsp of melted ghee and try to hold the ladoo. It will help.
- If it is too oily skip using ghee.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :