Apple Roses | Step by step procedure with pictures
Desserts are such a delight in any party. I made this apple roses as Valentine’s Day Special. They are so simple to make and tastes delicious.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 6 roses
- Red delicious Apple – 2
- Puff Pastry – 1 sheet
- Marmalade or Apricot Preserve or Blueberry jam – 6 tbsp or as needed
- Powdered sugar – for topping
- Cinnamon – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- lemon – half
- Butter – for greasing the pan
- Water – as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter and keep it aside.
- Use room temperature puff pastry.
- Boil water in a wide pan over medium heat. squeeze in the lemon.
- Wash apples. Cut into half. Remove the core. Slice it thin.
- Add the apple slices to hot water and let it boil for 5 min or until the apple slices becomes soft. When you bend the apple slice it should not break into 2.
- Filter the cooked slices and set it aside.
- While cooking apples start working on pastry sheet. Dust the working surface with little flour. Place the pastry sheet and dust some flour on the top. Roll it thin.
- Cut it into 6 pieces. Apply marmalade or any jam/preserve of your choice. (Dilute it with little water if needed)
- Arrange the apple slices on one side of the pastry sheet. Place one by one.
- Spread some cinnamon and sugar. Fold in the other half of the pastry sheet.
- Gently press both the ends. Start rolling into a rose from one side. Apply little water at the end stick the edge carefully.
- Place it in a greased muffin tin. Repeat the same for rest of the sheet.
- Bake for about 45-50 min until the edges starts to dark in color. Use the middle rack in the oven for even cooking.
- Cool down in the pan for 5 min then over the cooling rack.
- Dust with some powdered sugar on the top.
- You can use any flavor jam of your choice. Even preserves works great. If you are using preserve dilute it with little water.
- Red delicious apple works best. Choose any apple that works fine when baking.
- If you are baking on the top rack apple slices may get burnt easily. So use middle rack.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :