Cauliflower Kurma | Cauliflower Gravy | Step by step procedure with pictures
Cauliflower Kurma / gravy is perfect for Chapati, Naan or any roti varieties. It is simple, mild spicy and flavorful recipe. You can add green peas or potatoes to this gravy. Today I am preparing this only using cauliflower. Coconut paste and fennel seeds are the key ingredients which makes this kurma rich and aromatic.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Chapati , Naan or any roti.
- Serve with Jeera Pulao
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Cauliflower florets – 2.5 cups
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion -1/2 cup sliced
- Tomato – 1/2 cup sliced
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Water and salt – as needed
For coconut paste :
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cashew nuts – 4
- Poppy seeds – 1 Tsp
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Grind coconut paste(coconut , cumin , cashews and poppy seeds)
- Slice onion and tomatoes. Finely chop ginger and garlic.
- Boil water in a pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower florets, some salt and turmeric to the boiling water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and filter it. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and fennel seeds.
- Saute once and add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for a min.
- Add curry leaves and onion. Cook until onions become soft.
- Add tomatoes. Combine well and cover with a lid.
- Cook until soft. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Saute for 2 min. Add boiled cauliflower florets and required water.
- Cover with a lid and cook until oil oozes out on the top.
- Add coconut paste and garam masala.
- Combine well and simmer it for about 5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Gravy will become thick after some time. Cook accordingly.
- Use paste instead of finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- You can add peas or potatoes.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :