Egg Bhurji with capsicum| Indian Scrambled Eggs| Step by step procedure with pictures
Egg bhurji / Indian scrambled Eggs is a quick and versatile recipe. A simple egg burji is made by adding eggs to the caramelized onions along with spices of your choice. But you could add many others ingredients like vegetables , mushrooms , tomatoes or capsicum and add flavors to it.
Egg burji is commonly served with toasted bread and it is a popular street food in many places in India. You can enjoy this simple and tasty recipe during Breakfast / lunch or even during tea time.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with toasted bread.
- Serve as side dish with chapati / Rice.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Appetizer / Breakfast / Sidedish YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Egg – 4
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2
- Capsicum / Bell pepper – 1/2 (any color)
- Tomato – 2
- Salt – as needed
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 Tsp(opt)
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Finely chop onion, tomoto, ginger, green chilli and capsicum.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and required salt. Whisk it.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and roast for few seconds.
- Add onions, ginger and green chillies.
- Saute until onions starts to caramalize. Add capsicum and cook for 3-4 min.
- Add tomatoes and combine well. Add in red chilli powder, turmeric, little salt and garam masala.
- Cover and cook until tomato turns soft and mushy.
- Pour the egg mix and keep stirring for 5-6 min until eggs are almost done.
- Add some freshly crushed black pepper and coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat. Combine well and serve it.
- Add spices and vegetables of your choice.
- Do not over cook even for a min. Transfer to a serving bowl immediately when it is done.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :