Kala Chana Chaat|Black Chickpea Nutritious Salad|Step by step procedure with pictures
Salads are quite simple and also very nutritious. Sometimes salads may be boring and there comes this chaat. In every spoon of this chaat you will taste, spicy and tangy feel which you can’t write in words. Add flavors of your choice to make it more likable food. Adjust the quantity of veges and spices according to your preference.
I have already shared similar recipes Peanut Chaat and Sprouted moong dal salad. Both are nutritious and tasty recipes. Today I am sharing another nutritious salad recipe using Black chickpea / Kala Chana / Karupu sundal. You could have it during any time of the day preferably during lunch /evening snack / dinner.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as Snack / Appetizer / Evening snack / Lunch / Dinner
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Snack / Appetizer YIELD : 2 Servings
- Kala chana / Black chickpea / Karupu Sundal – 1/2 cup
- Salt and water – as needed
- Onion – 1/4 cup chopped
- Tomato – 1/4 cup chopped
- Green chilli -2
- Carrot – 1/4 cup chopped
- Raw mango – 1/4 cup chopped (or to taste)
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/4 Tsp
- Black salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Black pepper powder (opt) – 1/4 Tsp
- Lemon juice (opt) – as needed
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup chopped
- Soak black chickpea for 8 hours or overnight.
- Wash the chickpea. Add little salt and required water to it and pressure cook for about 8 whistles or as required.
- Filter the cooked chickpeas.
- Chop and add onion , tomato , green chilli , carrot and raw mango.
- Add in black salt , chaat masala and roasted cumin powder.
- Add some freshly crushed black pepper.
- Add coriander leaves and combine everything together.
- Adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to your preference.
- Add more spices like red chilli powder , amchur powder if you wish.
- You could also add vegetables like cabbage , grated beetroot , celery , etc. Combination is uncountable.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :