Avocado Paratha | Indian Bread using Avocado | Step by step procedure with pictures
Avocados are incredibly nutritious fruit. It contains plenty of healthy fat, high in potassium and fiber. Benefits of adding avocados in our menu are countless. It is also good for skin, hair and eyes. If you are a weight watcher then this recipe is definitely for you. Avocado paratha / chapati is a great breakfast recipe to kick start your day.
You may also like Avocado Dip for chips.
I used to add avocados in many ways for breakfast. Recently one of my friend told me this recipe. I tried with different spices couple of times and finely got a tasty version of this paratha. This is delicious, easy, quick and healthy recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with any thokku , pickle , raita or chutney of your choice.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Breakfast YIELD : 7-8 parathas
- Avocado – 1
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 cup
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Coriander leaves – few
- Black pepper powder – as needed
- Salt – as needed
- Green chilli – 1 or 2
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil – for making chapati (optional)
- Grate the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop coriander leaves and green chilli.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Remove the skin and add the avocado to a bowl. Mash it well using a fork.
- Add grated garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves.
- Season it with some salt and pepper. Squeeze in the lemon.
- Combine everything together.
- Add wheat flour and knead the dough.
- Add more flour if needed. You should get a dough with regular chapati dough consistency.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 min.
- Grease your palm with olive oil and knead the dough once.
- Make medium sized balls out of the dough.
- Dust with flour and roll it using a rolling pin.
- Heat a tawa / griddle. Place it on the hot tawa and cook both sides until they are done.
- Drizzle some olive oil if needed.
- Adjust the spices according to your taste.
- You could add cumin powder , amchur powder and red chilli powder for more flavoring.
- Oil is completely optional. These parathas will be soft even without oil.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :