Banana Fritters | Sweet Banana Balls | Step by step procedure with pictures
What to do with ripened bananas? This is a common question for all of us. Technically, there are many ways to use over ripened bananas. These fritters are one of them. This Banana fritters or banana balls are delicious quick bite and is a great way to use ripened bananas.
We are going to add jaggery and coconut in this fritters which makes it more delicious. I prefer to grind bananas and jaggery in a blender. If you like your fritters with little chunks of bananas, then you could mash the bananas with a fork and combine grated jaggery to it.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Snack YIELD : 2 Servings
- Banana – 1 large or 2 small
- All purpose flour / Maida – 3/4 th cup or less
- Jaggery – 1 cube grated
- Cardamom powder – 1 Tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/8 Tsp
- Salt – tiny pinch
- Nutmeg / Jadhikkai powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Desiccated coconut – 4 Tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Grate the jaggery cube.
- Chop the banana.
- In a blender, add banana, cardamom powder and grated jaggery.
- Grind it until smooth. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Add flour , baking soda , salt and nutmeg powder.
- Add desiccated coconut. Combine everything together.
- You should have consistency like vada batter. Add milk if your batter becomes tight. Add more flour if your batter is watery. You should be able to drop it in oil.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Check oil by dropping little batter. It should come up in seconds. Then your oil is ready for deep frying.
- Dip your fingers in water. Take small amount of batter and carefully drop it to the oil. Make sure you drop small or medium sized batter in order to get fully cooked fritters.
- Alternatively you could use Cookie scooper for dropping the batter in even size. Also you can use two spoons to drop the batter to the oil. Take batter in one spoon and slide the batter to the oil using another spoon.
- Flip the fritters and fry until you get golden brown on all the sides.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel.
- Repeat for rest of the batter. Fry in batches. Do not overload.
- You can use white or brown sugar instead of jaggery.
- If you don’t have desiccated coconut, you can add freshly grated coconut after dry roasting it for few minutes.
- Nutmeg is optional. You could skip it or use cinnamon powder.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :