Mushroom and Spinach Strata| Egg and Bread Breakfast| Step by step procedure with pictures
A simple strata is made with eggs, bread, milk and cheese. You can add any veggies or meat as you like. I love to add more veggies in this recipe. You can add any vegetable of your choice which suits for baking.
Today I am using spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomato and bell peppers(Capsicum). Every time veggie list is different for me. Sometimes I just add onion and tomatoes. Possibilities are enormous. Add spices of your choice.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as breakfast. (Serve immediately after baking)
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Breakfast YIELD : 2 Servings
- Egg – 5 or 6
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper – as needed
- Bread – 3 slices
- Veges – 2 cups (Spinach , mushroom , capsicum (Bell peppers) , tomato , red onion)
- Cheese – 1 cup grated (Mozzarella / Cheddar / any cheese )
- Green chilli – 1
- Parmesan cheese – for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a baking pan with butter and keep it ready.
- Slice bread into small pieces.
- Slice bell peppers, mushroom, onion and tomato evenly.
- Finely chop green chilli if used.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add milk and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced bread pieces and combine well.
- Refrigerate it minimum for 30 min.(You can refrigerate it for 2 hours or even overnight)
- Add sliced vegetables, spinach and green chilli.
- Season it with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add grated cheese and combine well.
- Spread it evenly on the greased baking pan.
- Bake it for 35-40 min in a preheated oven.
- Slice it and serve hot. Add Parmesan cheese on the top for more flavoring.
- You can alter the recipe as you like. Use veggies or meat of your choice.
- I am using wheat bread. White bread also works fine.
- Use cheese of your choice. You can also use combination of 2 cheese also. (Cheddar and mozzarella works just perfect)
- You can add any spices of your choice.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :