Beans Stir fry with horsegram powder | Beans Poriyal with Kollu Podi | Step by step procedure with pictures
Beans (Green beans / French beans / string beans) poriyal is good with any South Indian Lunch meal. I have already shared a Beans paruppu usili recipe which is prepared with dal and other spices. Today’s recipe is a simple and flavored stir-fry using beans. What makes this stir-fry special is, we are going to add Kollu podi in this recipe to make it more delicious and aromatic.
I have already shared a multi-purpose kollu podi recipe, which can be served with rice / idly / dosa. It is also great when we add this kollu podi to stir-fry recipes. Today I am sharing beans poriyal using kollu podi. You can also try this recipe with avaraikai or any string vegetables. You can also try this with Flax seed podi instead of kollu podi.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with any lunch meal combo.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Course YIELD : 2 Servings
- Beans – 1 cup chopped
- Horsegram podi – 3-4 Tbsp (or Flax seed podi )
- Salt – as needed
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
- Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
For Tempering :
- Coconut oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal – 2 Tsp
- Channa dal – 2 Tsp
- Red chilli – 2 or 3
- Curry leaves – few
- String the beans. Wash completely and chop it.
- Steam cook the beans for 10 min or until they are done. No need to add water.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and channa dal.
- Let the mustard seeds splutter and dal becomes golden brown.
- Add red chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds until red chilli turns darker.
- Add cooked beans, salt and turmeric.
- Combine everything together. When there is no water, add kollu podi.
- Give a quick mix. Add grated coconut and immediately turn off the heat.
- Combine well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- You can use any oil as you like.
- Another method : Skip steaming beans. After tempering, add the uncooked beans and sprinkle water as needed and let the beans get cooked in the same pan. other procedures are same.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :